DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Pink Wednesday - OPI Do you think I'm Tex-y and Excuse Moi

Today's Wednesday and that means wearing pink. I've never taken part before and as it's the last Wednesday of October which also happens to be Breast Cancer Awareness month I thought I'd indulge you all with a couple of pink shades. Firstly though I want to encourage all the ladies to Touch Look Check (TLC) as early detection really improves your outcome. I know you might think I'm just spouting off on one but I recently had a lecture on breast imaging and it really brought home the message of early detection. The acronym is from Breakthrough Breast Cancer a charity that is 'dedicated to saving lives by finding the causes of breast cancer, improving detection, diagnosis, treatment ans services' check out their website if you get a moment.

So on to the polishes...

OPI - Do you think I'm Tex-y over China Glaze White Cap (you can't see the gold that well in the pic but IRL you could see it underneath)
I actually wore this on Sunday because I really fancied something a bit more cheery and different from all the dark vampy polishes I've been sporting for Halloween. It's one of the polishes from the Texas collection with a 'sorbet' finish, is that what it's called? It required about 3 coats if I remember correctly and dried quite fast.

Next up is the polish that's currently on my nails. You've probably seen a million swatches of Excuse Moi but I make no apologises because it's a stunner. In the bottle the polish looks more of a red but on the nails it's a gorgeous pink. And let's not forget the multi-coloured glitter! My Bf said I had Barbie nails lol.
From The Muppets Collection
Here I've applied 2 coats and you can still see a little nail peaking through so a 3rd coat should sort that out. It's a hungry glitter and needs about 3 (even 4) coats of Seche Vite to get it smooth. Applies fantastically and dries super fast. LOVE IT.

I hope to do one more Halloween design for you guys but with the amount of work I have on at the moment I don't want to promise.

Also those who haven't done so already remember to enter my competition win a bottle of Beyu Shiraz aka unicorn pee!

2 comments: