DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Tuesday 19 June 2012

My version of DL Mermaid's Dream - A Layering Experiment

After my swatching early I wondered whether I could actually re-create Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream using polishes I own. I don't have the real thing so I used photos as a guide. It's probably nothing like the real polish but my lemming has been squished for the time being.
L-R: H&M - Lady Luck, Sinful Colors - Hottie, Essence, S-he Stylezone - 471, Color Club - Perfect Molten
One coat of Lady Luck, then a coat of the glitters. After that sponge on the foils!
Do you have the real thing? What do you think of my version?

***this is my 200th post***

10 comments:

  1. I don't have it but that's pretty! I love essence Aquarius. Congrats on 200 posts!! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is that what the glittery Essence polish is called! I did wonder if it had a name ;-)

      Delete
  2. came out gorgeous! i do have it, , looks like you did a nice job with the texture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the final result. Even prettier than Mermaid's Dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm not sure about that! But thank you for your kind words. x

      Delete
  4. Awesome layering job! Congrats on 200 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... looks like a fish ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a little fishy :-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great layering combo!

    ReplyDelete